It happens every year - but we’re also always caught off guard as the summer comes to a close and the back-to-school routine kicks off! Transitioning from laid-back summer days to a structured academic schedule can be challenging for both kids and parents!
One essential ingredient to kickstart your back-to-class routine is Elias Honey. Honey is a versatile addition to various recipes that can boost energy levels and provide a healthy start to the day. Come explore some delightful honey-infused, energizing and kid-friendly recipes with us and learn about our favourite back-to-school routine building hacks!
Why Choose Elias Honey?
Elias Honey provides a safe indulgence for all, while its natural sugars offer a quick and sustainable energy source, keeping you alert and focused throughout the morning. With its quick absorption and nutrient-rich profile, Elias Honey not only boosts energy but also supports overall well-being. Its versatility allows for various breakfast recipe enhancements, making it an excellent addition to cereals, oatmeal, smoothies, and baking. Here are some of our favourites:
Energizing Honey Breakfast Smoothie
Kickstart your day with a refreshing and energizing honey breakfast smoothie. This nutritious blend is perfect for those busy mornings and can be prepared in a matter of minutes. Best of all, it’s packed with slow-burning carbs and protein which activate the brain and help you focus all day long!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup fresh mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 1 tablespoon of bloomed chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 scoop of your favourite Vegan or Whey Protein (optional)
- 1 cup almond milk (or any milk alternative)
- 1 tablespoon Elias Blueberry Cold Pressed Raw Honey
- A handful of spinach (optional for added nutrients)
- In a blender, combine the banana, mixed berries, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, almond milk, protein powder and spinach (if using).
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add Elias Honey and blend for a few more seconds.
- Pour into a glass, and it's ready to be enjoyed!
Energizing Honey Yogurt Parfait
For a quick and delightful mid-morning or afternoon snack, try this delicious honey yogurt parfait. It's a perfect balance of protein, carbs and natural sugars for a boost of energy when you need it most!
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (or dairy-free yogurt for a vegan option)
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit (sliced strawberries, blueberries, or peaches)
- 1 tablespoons Elias Wildflower Blossom Honey
- In a serving glass or bowl, layer the Greek yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit.
- Drizzle Elias Honey on top.
- Repeat the layers if desired.
- Enjoy this wholesome and satisfying parfait!
Tips to Get Back into Routine
But an energizing routine isn't just about what you eat. It's also about creating a structured routine to prepare your body and mind for being back at work… or school! Check out these hacks to optimize your day!
- Gradual Transition: Start adjusting bedtimes and wake-up times a week or two before school starts. Gradually shifting schedules will make the real transition smoother.
- Create a Family Calendar: Use a large calendar to plan and organize schedules for everyone in the family one to two months in advance. This will help avoid last-minute surprises and ensure that everyone is on the same page.
- Prep the Night Before: Encourage your kids to organize their school bags and lay out their clothes the night before. This habit will save time and reduce stress in the morning. Since they’re going to do it, you should probably do so as well!
- Establish a Morning Routine: A consistent morning routine sets the tone for the day. Include a healthy breakfast, hygiene habits, and a few minutes for mindfulness or stretching. If you’re looking for a morning routine, try Hal Elrod’s Miracle Morning - it really helps get mind and body aligned so you can make the most of your day!
- Designate a Homework Zone: Create a dedicated space for homework and studying. A clutter-free environment with all the necessary supplies will enhance productivity.
- Encourage Physical Activity: Incorporate physical activity into your daily routine. This could be a family walk after dinner or a bike ride in the park. Staying active is essential for both physical and mental well-being.
- Limit Screen Time: Reduce screen time during school nights to ensure that kids get enough rest and maintain focus on their studies.
With the goodness of Elias Honey and the implementation of a few essential tips, your back-to-class routine will be back in no time at all! Wishing all parents and kids a happy and healthy academic year!